Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend

We had a great weekend. It was sunny and clear and almost warm. Jay had his crew down working on the new office on Saturday. We've had issues with the building permit and things are running behind schedule. No surprise there.

Lolli & I spent the day tracking down a pinata and stuff it for a birthday party Saturday night. It was a 40th Birthday party for our friend JP, boyfriend of our childhood friend Lorrie. The pinata turned out to be a perfect choice as it was very much a family type party and the kids had a blast diving for the candy and toys. It was looking like one tough pinata until Birthday boy got the blind fold and decapitated the thing in about three whacks.

We spent Sunday at the office working, well Jay worked and I came by about every hour to lend a hand in between errands. I was able to help Jay get three more walls standing in between my other errands. We should be in there the first weeks of Nov. I'm guessing. I finally got to the art store and got supplies but I only got as far as prepping a canvas. I'll start painting this week. Jay and my service tech are in training classes all week running into the evenings so I'll have some quite time alone to work on it. I will post pics if I can manage something that looks half way decent. I'm sure I'm like anyone else and am my own worst critic.

So, another Monday morning and I'm blogging even though I have a pile of paper work to get through. I had to turn my headlights on when coming to work this morning. Yuk.

Hope you have a great day.

6 comments:

Leann said...

It's to work in the dark and back home in the dark...ick, ick, ick.

susi said...

I didn't know what a pinata was and had to look it up. Apparently some party organisers here sell them but I just hadn't come across it before.
Did you take any photos of it?

Hope4Grace said...

I bet you are so much fun to paint with. I try and paint Sunday evenings, even though I'm no good, I like to do it. Relaxes me.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad you had such a good weekend. It seems like projects such as your office always get delayed, but I can deal with that as long as there is progress.

I'm looking forward to seeing some art!

fiwa said...

Almost warm... almost being the key word there. ;)

I can't wait to see some of your paintings.

Unknown said...

Good stuff. Way to stay proactive and moving over the weekend.