Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Camera Purge

Well it's payroll day yet again and I've had a office full of the little monkeys here this morning. Finally have them all on the road. I snapped this pic of the leads when they were in this morning.



Left to right that's Mir on the end, one of Jay's job foremen. Next is Jason, my service tech. He'll be a "lead" tech if we can ever find another service tech to hire under him. Beth Ann, my office mate in the center. Now you have an idea why business partner Al married her. Sorry that must be sexist, she has many other qualities too. Andy, Jay's other foreman is next , looking remarkably good for Andy. He's one of the more slovenly of our 'kids' and needs gentle prodding on grooming from time to time. That's my Hero on the end - cute smiling man that he is. We're missing the youngsters who are already out on the jobsites.



Next up is a poor quality video of the Goatie girls - The small one is Beth, large one is Belle. They went to the Vet this morning for a check up and to have the blood work up needed to get them hooked up with a Billy Goat. They need to be tested for disease before they get to go to someone else's farm for the 'hook up'. Jay took them this morning. He tells me they made quite a stir at our some what urban Vets office. I haven't hit publish yet but it doesn't look like video is loading correctly. Danggit Blogger!.....


This is my latest project. 'Latest' meaning I've only been working on it for three weeks and then only half a**ed at that. Here's the outdoor furniture 'before'



And here's the half way done picture.



The lighting is bad but you can see it's coming out chartreuse yellow/green. The paint I bought was bright sunshiny yellow. That was the look I was going for. My friend Lorrie (not to be confused with Lori/Lolli) came by and said: "yeah, you should have primed them first" - Yeah, I should have. Where the hec were you when I started? - anyway right now I'm counting it as a happy accident and will finish with a few more coats and see how I feel about it. Worse comes to worse I'll primer it and start over. But the color might just work up on the grass.

Here's a random clip of Mt. Rainer on my drive to work. We'll see if the video posts.


In other news...Jay has finally picked up the tools and started a new (small) glass project. I've been wanting him to get back at it so this is a good sign. He spent the weekend cleaning and organizing his shop space and started this peice over the weekend. It's a small one. He made the design himself. I'm just glad he's starting again.


I received a few comments in the past that their aren't many (if any) good pics of me on this blog. I've avoided the camera since I re-entered puberty last year. At least in this pic my face isn't as broken out as it has been. I don't even remember taking this but I know it's recent because I just bought that shirt two weeks ago. So here you go. Me.



This picture will not enlarge if you double click it so don't even try.

***

***

I said not to do that.

***

And since were dumping the current pics from the camera today here's a pic of the hens. Doing what they do best. Whatever that is.



And I'll leave you with a pretty sunset. The days are getting shorter so were seeing these less and less. I know it's fall because I've stopped getting my 32 oz Iced Teas in the morning and have switched back to Lattes - I'm currently bouncing off the walls as I type.



Have a great day -

XOBC


oops- I forgot Miss Lilly

20 comments:

happyone said...

My husband is taking a glass class - his first class was last Thurs. He loves it!

Nice picture and it does enlarge when you click on it. Yes, I had to try when you said it wouldn't!! :-)

Love the fire sky sunset!!

Hope4Grace said...

I'm so bad.....I have to enlarge it. I'm so sorry.....you're still handsome as can be.....so shut up.

Grit said...

great pictures! mr handsome!

Mo said...

I double clicked and guess what? It enlarged! I too have entered puberty again. Damn stress is wreaking havoc on my face, especially my chin. Oh so not pretty.

The outdoor furniture is a perfect color for fall and winter. It will be a bright spot in our gray days, which for the record, I actually do enjoy.

You know how I know it is fall? I wore a hoodie last night when I went to Mars house. When I arrived she too was in a sweatshirt and the i

nside house temp was 65.

Oh and the morning chai tea latte is being made with warm water and soy milk versus straight from the cooler and fridge.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love all the photos. The sunset is gorgeous! And I'm very impressed with the glass project.

Smokey was disappointed not to see Bear.

Gin said...

Well, I took your word for it...so now after reading the comments, I have to go back and enlarge the pic...LOL

Brad you are one good lookin' dude. So is your man. You make a very handsome couple! It's nice to 'meet' you both!

I love the sunset and the critter pix too...but Rosie and I also missed Bear!

meno said...

i was disobedient. I'm sorry. (not really)

Nice pictures and A KITTY!

Leann said...

I had to click on it when you said that....it's just in my nature :-)

I never would have recognized you from the pic with Bear. I'm glad I got an updated one!!

Thanks for the pic of Miss Lilly...she is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Damn Brad, those are some bright outrdoor chairs. I don't think anyone will forget where to sit when out side. I like the lights in your kitchen. And you said you weren't "hip".

Moohaa said...

Of course I enlarged them all! I'm blind, don't you know!! Loved all the pics. You handsome devil you!

And I wasn't posting to you in my rant, lovie, I was posting to my "family" and friends. I know you're snarky... you just can't help yourself!

Mama Llama said...

NICE! Thanks...great pics, love the pictoral insights!!
Be well, Brad!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

HELLO HOTTIE AND THE BEAUTIFUL YELLOW AND BRIGHT HAPPY HOME!
That last guy from the crew pic I thought was a cutie too!

Baaaaaaaa..
Great pictures!!

Very very daper! (sp??)

e

Smocha said...

Thank God somebody updated!

I loved this post . Loved all the pics. it's so nice to see how our blog friends live.

I had to laugh at goats going to the vets. Never occurred to me.
My friend Eva, when I first met her, hubby and I called her "goat girl" because she has a bunch of goats.

Yes, primer. So far it looks awful honey!

The cat looks good though. LOL

I never had a pimple until I was grown . WTH? That's crap .


I had to go back and enlarge the pics after everyone else did it.You are cute ,inspite of puberty. LOL but I don't see yer man. Some one mentioned him too. I can't recall ever seeing his pic.

Have a great Thursday!

Real Live Lesbian said...

You are such a cutie pie!

Good luck with the goat girls! Sounds like a fun trip for them! LOL

tt said...

I agree with leann...I wouldn't have guessed that was you in both pics! And you've got to know...that whenever you tell someone 'not' to do something...they'll do it! And i must say...if you don't mind...you are extremely handsome!! You and jay are both very nice looking...what a cute couple you make!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about a new close up of you and Bear at the top of your blog?? Not to worry...blemishes rarely show up in photos on these blogs...I know! lol
hugs and smooches babe!

Summer said...

Oh you make me laugh so much. WTF is up with that patio furniture? Oh Lordy! Primer. Primer. Now.

I love your picture Sweets. I really do. I guess I ought to take some new ones of moi.

My house looks like a bomb went off in it. Furniture pushed to the center of the room. Spackling splats all over. I hope I picked the right color. I'll let you know soon.

BTW I tagged you. Suck it up Baybee.

Jenny said...

I took a glass about five years ago and loved it. However, I wasn't very good at it, and the piece on your blog is... AMAZING. Truly, beautiful design.

I laughed out loud at the idea that even GOATS need to be concerned about safe sex nowadays. BWHAHAHAH. Made my day.

What also made my day? Seeing a picture of you.

Happy nearly Friday!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Oh I really enjoyed this post with all the great pix! However....you DID forget one of Bear!! You are one handsome devil! Thank you for showing us a bit of your lives. Big hugs to you sweetie. xxoo

Joni Dixon-Stanger said...

You are as adorable as I imagined and your hero... =)). He's a good looking fellow. Where was Bear? I'm thinking he will feel left out when he reads this blog.

Cheryl said...

Were to start? How about your picture. You look so different than your profile one. That needs an update. Your eyes are so light. I feel like I'm seeing you for the first time. Thanks for letting us see the real you.

I think I'll end by saying you're one sarcastic funny guy.