Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday

We took the day off work on Friday so we'd have the whole day to play before the concert Friday night. We went to see Cheap Trick, Heart and Journey at the Whitewater Amphitheater. We took off early in the afternoon and drove down the back way to get to the venue. We took the long way through the country and went by a lot of old stomping grounds. We started with a party of 16 but only 12 of us actually made it to the concert due to a lot of traffic later in the day and an accident on the main highway to the venue.

It was a good time. I'm not to old to stand a rock concert as long as it's in an outdoor location with plenty of room to get a good ways away from the stage. Cheap trick is a band I listened to a lot in high school now I'm not exactly sure why. They did one or two of their signature numbers that were pretty good. Heart came on next and did a set of their old stuff, which isn't too surprising since they really don't have anything new out. - They rocked and they were as good as always. Next up was Journey which sounded pretty good but their Steve Perry replacement, while good and sounding close to Steve Perry was Ok he just wasn't Steve so it lost something.

It was an interesting crowd of old and young. Some kids (20's somethings) their with their Moms & Dads. People our age trying to be cool. It was a good night and the rain held off for us. We didn't get home till 1:30 AM so i was a late night for us.

Saturday and Sunday were both quiet days. We just did stuff around the house and ate and watched it rain buckets. Good timing on the weathers part.

Work on the office space is coming along. Were hoping to move at the end of Oct. but will have to wait and see how the permiting goes with the city. Hopefully we can get it done and have sometime to go to Cannon Beach in Nov. It's one of my favorite times to go down. The place we stay at has fireplaces in the rooms. We normally stop at Powells Books Store on the way down and load up on books and just hang out inside while it the weather blows outside. Looking forward to that.

Boring post - maybe more later -

Have a great day -

XO B

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems like I missed a good concert. I keep telling Mo that I have no clue who any of them are though. I guess it was before my time. I'm going to iTunes now to see how they get down.

fiwa said...

Lalalalala... I am just ignoring Ace. *before my time* grumblegrumble....

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. I love Journey. It did rain a lot this weekend, but that's good - didn't have to water.

Powells is one of my favorite places in the world. I'm jealous - I hope you get to go.

love,
fiwa

Moohaa said...

That must have been a great concert! I love Heart and Journey. Sigh.

Hey, take me to Cannon Beach with you. Pwetty Pweeze!!

happyone said...

Sounds like a good concert. Heart is the one I like that you mentioned.

Cheryl said...

Too bad Mo didn't come with you. She could have seen the whole concert that way!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my, I remember all those groups from when I was in my 20s.

I'm glad the weather worked out for you.

Stormieweather said...

I love Cheap Trick and Journey...I was a teen in the 80's and to this day I still love all the bands from waaaay back then! I bet you had a great time!

desert dirt diva said...

i WENT TO SEE HEART LAST YEAR, AND THEY WERE GOOD, I BELIEVE ,BUT IF I EVER SEE THEM AGAIN MAYBE I WILL NOT DRINK SO MUCH, THEN I'LL REMEMBER THEM MORE...LOLSOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME.....

Summer said...

I'd love to see some pictures of your new office space.

Smocha said...

Ditto what Summer said.

Are you getting your window? :)

tt said...

You're never boring darlin'!
The concert saounds heavenly...Heart and Journey sure bring back memories.
have a happy Tuesday!
xo

Jay said...

I listed to those bands in high school too.

I stopped listening to Journey when Steve Perry left. Even though I don't really like him all that much. LOL

Crazy Charlene said...

hey darling

i am back on line

dad broke his hip and i have him and mom in rehab

i am on vacation at home by myself and loving it~~of course i am also running around having fun
charlene in ar

Gin said...

I used to love Heart. I'm glad you enjoyed your concert!! Sounds like you had a great day!!!

Scarlet said...

Funny, I was just listening to "Feeling That Way" by Journey, and I agree with you, no one can belt out the old tunes like Steve Perry. I'm glad you had fun. :)

SOUL said...

just the names of the bands bring back memories-- some good, some bad... what a show-- or night-- i bet it was for you.

oh, the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin.

i'm not sure if i should feel young, or old in this post, but it's not boring.

happy tuesday--??

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Sounds like it was fun!!
I hope the four that fell out are okay and weren't involved in the accident!!

Did your ears ring a lot on monday??

It's humpday..whatcha doing?

:)
E

*everyones leaving!! * :(

Leann said...

Good idea on the beach...may have to copy cat you at Lincoln city or Newport. It will be off season so reasonable rates. A couple nights at the coast with a fireplace and good book...mmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

brad i don't have your email to mail the other links to ~~jayman has them or send me an email
charfread@gmail.com