Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Random Wednesday

My bliss at the moment is a Styrofoam clam shell of chicken phad thai - four stars swimming in peanut sauce, side of rice. I'm easy.

I was driving back from the take out place and came to a 4 way stop. I look up across the intersection and see that the driver of the other car is my Mom. We're the only two cars at the intersection. She across town in a area she doesn't normally travel. I'm in my jeep, a car she knows well. I honk. nothing. I honk again. She pulls forward through the intersection and goes by giving me a dirty look. I'm surprised she didn't flip me off. I'll be calling her tonight and asking when she had her eyes checked last.

Jay is having a great time at his refrigeration theory. The instructor is apparently very good. The man comes home at night bouncing off the walls with all the new knowledge they've crammed into his head. It's very cute.

Having the house to myself for a couple of hours in the evening while he's in class is priceless.

Jason, my service tech is taking the course with Jay. He's having a hard time with it as he's not a classroom/lecture/book reading learner. He needs the 'hands on' type of training. I know he's frustrated but I keep telling him to just note the things he gets lost on so we can go back to them later and work them through I need to find some resources on working with folks with learning disabilities.

Mr. Deeds, the latest addition to the goat barn. (The name on his papers is Dirty Deeds, we shortened it) has done his duty. The sexual tension in the barn has dropped off completely. I had to feel a bit sorry for him there for a while. The girls had there own ideas about who should be on top. All three goats are very mellow these last few days. We'll expect the kids to come in March.


I love Banksy.

12 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Does he smell better now?

And just think, baby goats really are called kids. Cool.

Unknown said...

Way go Dirty Deeds. Keep up the good work.

Gin said...

Kids are so cute...It will be fun to see pix of your kids!!!

Mama Llama said...

That is a FUNNY story of your mom at the intersection. Dirty look, indeed...hope I never do that!

Made me giggle! Thanks!

Be well, Brad.

meno said...

you are easy AND cheap!

So the goats are all lying around smoking cigarettes huh?

Cheryl said...

Love Pad Thai!

Too funny about your mom. Gosh. Was she on her cell? Didn't recognize you? Sure it wasn't on purpose. Ha ha.

So, the ladies are content? And that's all I'm saying about that.

Jay said...

I would be giving my mother a hard time about that for a long time if it was me.

Good job Mr. Deeds.

"Mr. Deeds" sounds like the name of a really scary killer in a psychological thriller on cable TV.

Scarlet said...

I don't know which one I liked better...the story about your mom in traffic or the one about Dirty Deeds. You made me LOL! Thanks! ;)

happyone said...

Love the story about your mom. That is just so funny - I laughed right out loud. :-)

Real Live Lesbian said...

I love your stories! Congrats on Mr. Deed's gettin' the job done!

fiwa said...

mmm... phad thai... that sounds yummy right now.

So what did your mom say? Like Jay said, I would razz my mom over something like that for YEARS.

love you!
fiwa

Jenny said...

where do you go to get phad thai?

The story of your Mom made me spit out coffee.