Friday, October 10, 2008

I having the hardest time posting lately. Everything just seems so inconsequential.
It's a bright sunny day, if a bit cool. I'm happy and healthy and have nothing to be snarky about. But then the day is still young. I'm leaving the office in a few minutes to have lunch with my friend Laura. I worked for her husband about 100 years ago and we've remained friends over the years. Her twins that once stood as tall as my hip bone are now out of college and one their own. We haven't caught up in a long time. Maybe something blog worthy will happen and I can while away my afternoon telling you about it.

If not, have a great weekend!

8 comments:

happyone said...

We are having a bright sunny day here too.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch!!

I'm happy to hear that you are using the afghan. :-)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Bright and sunny here, too!

Enjoy the day!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Sounds like a nice simple day which are what we all need!! Enjoy your lunch date and maybe a rock will be overturned-turned into something worthy of blog. :)

If anything, just listen in on everyone elses conversation and then blog about it. :) LOL

Crusty-LOLBeef-step aside Jay! :)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I think a lot of people are struggling with the feeling that normal blog entries are inconsequential with the economic and political issues that are going on. But I think reminders of normal, daily life are helpful because they keep us from fixating on problems to the point of panic. So there--this was a very worthy post!

Scarlet said...

Catching up with an old friends is always blogworthy. I look forward to hearing about your afternoon. ;)

Enjoy your weekend!!

Oldy said...

If i want to hear the problems of the world ,I'll watch Fox news.
I love hearing the everyday stuff of "real people"

I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your old pal.

I missed my nap today:(
These kids are gonna make me go to a bar tonight too.

Laters :)

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how many good post I have forgotten.

Unknown said...

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Enjoy the time.