Thursday, October 02, 2008

Goatie Love

I tried to get the Alpaca trip picture posted last night but between fighting for access to the PC and friends dropping by it just didn't happen. By the time I actually sat down to finish added comments and then went to publish the post it failed and I was too tired to start over so I just went to bed.

It's been a bumpy week. After learning that Alpacas were out of our price range Jay become more intent on getting a billy goat. He spent most of his free time this week scouring the internet for breeders who had one for sale. They're hard to come by then you might think.

He also started a new larger paddock for the goats. He's out of control. He staked out an area 40' x 80'. I told him nicely that I didn't want anything that big. He started to build it anyway. I won't bore you with the argument's that we've had since then. In the end I gave up, it's just not worth fighting about. But I'm still a bit P.O.'d.

I had good intentions of following Fiwa & Ginni's lead this week and focus on the positive and perform random acts of kindness for others this week but so far have only gotten bogged down in frustrating arguments. What ever, I'm almost over it and I still have a couple of days to get back on the positive.

Jay did finally find a goat to buy down in Oregon. He's driving down Saturday to pick him up. He asked me if I wanted to go (He's quite excited) luckily I have something better to do!

Here's the new little guy - His name is Dirty Deeds - So far Jay is calling him Mr. Deeds. We'll see.



The breeder tell us he's really good with kids. Jay's hoping we'll have kids by next March.

Our friends N & A stopped by last night. They needed to get out of the house for a while. They recently had thier married daughter, husband and kids move back home to stay. Typical boomerang kid thing. The kids are trying to get back on thier feet and driving N & A nuts in the process. It reminded both of us that in some respect you never really grow up unitl you have your own children.

I will try and get the pictures posted again tonight. Wish me luck!

17 comments:

fiwa said...

Ruh-roh... he's really serious about this goat thang!

I'm so glad you have better things to do on Saturday. ;)

love,
fiwa

susi said...

I do hope your billy goat smells better than the one a friend of ours had, otherwise you're not going to enjoy having him around.

Smocha said...

Too bad they don't stay babies (kids) LOL
Now those are cute:)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Is he planning to breed these goats? And make money from them?

meno said...

Dirty Deeds? Done Dirt Cheap?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Maybe Jay need to attend a meeting of Goats Anonymous.

Moohaa said...

Congrats? LOL, baby goats are awfully cute. Can't wait to see some pics! Love ya!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Meno beat me to it but I was gonna ask if Jay got him "dirt cheap". LOLOLOLOL
Wonder what the girls will think of him? Lets hope its love at first sight. Are you going to milk them? Have you ever tasted goat's milk? I haven't. This little adventure should prove interesting. What the hay (pun intended)...how much more work can ONE more goat be. LOLOLOLOL
(I said that when I was pregnant the second time...boy did I ever find out!)
xxoo

Unknown said...

I thought you were joking about all the animal stuff. I guess not. I really can't believe but he. Who am I to judge. Seems like it would cool to have something running outside in the yard.

Mary said...

Hi, Brad. Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the kind words and support you sent while our kitty was so sick. She's still unsteady on her feet but she's able to demand her rights! In other words, almost back to normal.

I've been having contractor problems also. Today I explained to them that I don't need their services.

Hope you are feeling better today. The kids (little goats) are so cute.

Again, Thank you.

Mo said...

Hee Hee. I know what you're doing Saturday and I do have to say, I think it is better than what Jay has planned.

Summer said...

Have you ever read The Three Billy Goats Gruff?

desert dirt diva said...

the weekend i went to that wedding my kids were in a parade, and when i dropped them off, there was this lady who had minature goats for sale, they are the cutest things.. but goats well they are a smelly animal...so good luck...

Scarlet said...

I'm sure Mr. Deeds will provide you with endless hours of entertainment. He's adorable...but I was really looking forward to an Alpaca and the pics. Maybe next time. ;)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Oh gosh, they're so damn cute! I want a goat....but no kids! ;)

Jay said...

Any animal named after an AC/DC song is okay with me. ;-)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

excellent.especially that last sentence about growing up!!

But what's boomerang mean? They come back home??

Oh Heaven I don't want mine to ever leave..and someday they'll love another woman more then me..
too much heartache
(and no daughters -although I still have dreams)

Sigh..
Sorry to take over your comment thing.
xo,
me

Crazy Charlene said...

word from experience~~the does goes into heat immediately after giving birth~~and males with horns~~if you have the scent~~will try

did you read my "you didn't tell me my goat will try to fuck me"

wildfire was a wonderful goat~~but he had to go after that attack