Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let sleeping dogs.....



Here's my boy at 6:00 am. He's been out with 'other dad' helping to feed the goats, check the chickens, pee & poo. Then he comes back and crawls back in bed with me.

The Presidential Debate Commission really needs to up it's game. If their going to pre-empt Two & A Half Men (4 U Ace) at least get those guys to talk about something rather then snippets of their stump speeches, or just leave me and Charlie Sheen alone.

I've spent the morning running around picking up payroll and getting the last of the permit stuff done for the new office. I may have made a side trip to Macy's and Barnes & Nobles but that was purely a work thing. Really. I even took my trusty camera along hoping something would pop up that was bloggable as I have nothing today. Unfortunately damp, gray downtown Renton didn't lend itself to anything interesting today.

I stopped by Mom's last night on the way home and she actually tried to deny having left the house yesterday. 'Mother!.....I saw you...' She made some remark about Christmas coming up and 'good' boys and 'bad' boys. Whatever.


I can't believe my fuchsias are still blooming on the front porch. These guys have been going at it since April. I keep thinking it's time to bring them in but they just keep blooming. Odd, we've already had a couple of frosty days.

I best make like I'm earning my keep here. I may be back you never know.

But I'll leave you with this:

Don't kiss your honey,
When your nose is runny,
You make think it's funny,
But it's snot.

XOXOBC

25 comments:

Moohaa said...

LOL.. thanks for the chuckle. Enjoy your day sweetie.. I'm so wrung out, I have nothing more to say. Love and hugs...

Unknown said...

Some is being productive. Good stuff.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh, your mother's response is too funny.

Bear is adorable.

Gin said...

Your mom sounds like a hoot

Love that photo of Bear...he looks so laid back and mellow.

The photo of your fuscia isn't too shabby either.

Hugs B

P.S....snot...wahahahaha

Jay said...

Both Obama and McCain are just lucky the debate didn't start until after Pushing Daisies was over. Otherwise I would be kicking some ass.

Your mother denied having left the house? LOL .. That's funny.

fiwa said...

I'm jealous - it has to be REALLY cold before Bitsy will snuggle.

Your mom cracks me up. Good try!

desert dirt diva said...

I love your flowers, and that little diddy was cute...your dog is great..

Summer said...

I love that TV show. It cracks me up how they pick on their mother. She so deserves it!

Your mom cracks me up too. Oh I never left the house yesterday. Uh huh.

Your Bear is so sweet. What would you ever do without him?

xxoo

Minnie said...

I love fuchsias:o)) Can't keep them, though. Always manage to kill them off with kindness. sigh. I'd love to grow a standard.

Bet Bear does a great job of keeping your feet warm. Cilla has now taken ownership of the best snuggly armchair at bedtime. I only know because armchair is cream and Cilla is black:o) I don't mind, though.

Smocha said...

Sweet pic of Bear.My babies have been stuck to me like glue since I got home. Could have to do with the fact that my cat sitter forgot to give them any FOOD!

Your moms denial is hilarious:)

Happy Friday Brad!

happyone said...

Mom's are something!! Mine's coming for a visit tomorrow. She reads my blog sometimes so I can't say anything about her. :-)

Mama Llama said...

Wow...this is turning into quite the saga...!

Thank you for the pics and the last rhyme. I'll run it by my princesita tonight and see how long it takes her to get it.

Be well, Brad.

SOUL said...

bwahahahaha

my video was too long again-- ugh. a film maker i will never be. ok. maybe tomorrow.

your mom sounds like my mom in law-- i hope she found somethin great for you-- you sneaky guy!

Jenny said...

the boy is super, super cute. I love to watch mine sleep. I also love it when you can see them dreaming.

have a fab weekend.

zirelda said...

Those are both great pictures Brad. :) Just wonderful. Fuscias don't do very well here. Too cold.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Two and a Half Men....the funniest and most clever show on TV. I hate it also when they have to televise the debate over EVERY channel. Why not just pick one and if you want to watch you can...if not, you at least can have your entertainment. But...NO...that would make sense.
I like THE NEW OLD CHRISTINE also. If you've never seen it, check it out.
How is Mr. Deeds doing? He certainly must think that he has died and gone to goat heaven...with two horny females at his beck and call. I can't wait until the "kids" get here!!!
Have a great weekend sweetie.
xxoo

Mo said...

I wanna snuggle with Bear.

Scarlet said...

First of alll, your poem made me smile. :) The photo of your dog did, too. What a cutie! Who wouldn't want to snuggle up with that (or Charlie Sheen for that matter)?

As for your flowers, they're gorgeous. Enjoy them while you still can.

Jamie said...

LOL! I haven't heard that since I was a kid...thanks for providing a needed smile.

Gotta love your mom..

Hugs. :)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

charlie sheen..YUM!!!!!
Bdd is fully aware of MY list and he is on it--along with Denise Richards or Gina Gershon..more for him then me..but to make a smile appear on his face I always say they're on mY list too. :)

Hi Bear! Do you have a brother?>

XO,
E~

Mon said...

I've tagged you baby..Meme time!!!

Real Live Lesbian said...

LMAO!

Your fuchias are stunning...STILL!!???

Wow, I'm still jealous! I love 'em, but they hate our heat.

desert dirt diva said...

are you o.k. just wandering.. well my hubby is taking me to go get lunch.. hope your day is good

Leann said...

Love that show! Beautiful flowers and happy dog :-)

Grit said...

after that morning's work... do you make that dog wash his paws before he gets back into bed?